Lead Cytogenetic Technologist
Analyze, review and correctly write ISCN nomenclature of constitutional and acquired cytogenetics cases using computer screen and digital images transmitted via the company’s secure website. The Lead Senior Cytogenetic Technologist must possess the ability to perform all aspects of case analysis and possess the technical knowledge to perform case review and correction with no supervision.
Reports to: General Supervisor
Key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Cytogenetic analysis of meta phase spreads via computerized images
- Review of cytogenetic cases via computerized images and documents
- Adhere to all HIPAA and CLIA regulations
- Participates in laboratory quality control, improvement and assurance
- Reports any and all problems to the general supervisor in a timely manner
- Collaborates with general supervisor on protocol/policy development and review
- Provides feedback to senior technologists on technical matters
- Involved in training of new employees
- Understands and implements company policies and procedures
- Performs laboratory duties as assigned
Consults with: General Supervisor
Term of employment:
Cytogenetic technologists will be assigned cases on a day-to-day basis. There may be some days in which no cases are available for every technologist.
Bachelor’s degree in one of the life sciences or 15+ years of experience in the field. ASCP certified. Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience (post certification). Advanced computer skills; must be able to effectively use the Internet, email, text messaging, chat applications, and Microsoft Office; Must have a smart phone.
If interested in this position, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected].